Week 2: Biofeedback-Based Interventions Paper
For this assignment you will explore the relationship between neuroscience and behavior by looking at biofeedback and neurobiofeedback, or EEG biofeedback.
Address the following points in your paper:
- Define and explain biofeedback in your own words.
- Distinguish between biofeedback and neurofeedback, or EEG biofeedback.
- Describe who uses biofeedback and EEG biofeedback and why (detail at least two professions and purposes).
- Explain how an understanding of the nervous system can help us find ways to alleviate disease and pain.
- Identify the pros and cons of biofeedback-based interventions (highlight areas related to research, studies, theories, practice).
- Identify ethical considerations related to biofeedback-based interventions.
- Discuss your point of view with regard to biofeedback-based interventions, such as EEG biofeedback.
- Have you had any experiences using EEG biofeedback?
- Can you think of a situation in your life or work where you might consider using EEG biofeedback?
- Would you recommend biofeedback-based interventions as a useful tool? Why or why not?
Incorporate a minimum of two scholarly sources in your writing.
Use APA format to style your paper and cite and reference your two sources.
Your paper should be 2-4 pages long, in addition to a title page and a reference page.
Refer to the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)