Unit Questions – Non-Western Cultures
Choose three of the following questions and write a 150-350 word response to each question (points deducted for not meeting word count requirements). Include the question at the top of your response. Put all responses into one document – in other words don’t submit the assignment multiple times, once for each response. Remember – you MUST put information in your own words (this includes information from your text book and online sources) or it is considered plagiarism and you will receive a score of 1 on the assignment.
SELECT THREE below
1. What is Noh drama and what is its relationship to Zen Buddhist attitudes and beliefs?
2. Compare and contrast Dao, Hinduism, and Confucianism.
3. Why is the Taj Mahal considered one of the seven man-made wonders of the world? Name at least four features and an analysis of those features.
4. Discuss the dance mask and explain why it represents the center of West African culture.
5. Compare and contrast the northern and southern schools of painting in China.
6. Compare and contrast the Mayan, Incan, and Aztec cultures? Which one did you find most interesting? Why?
7. How does the Mayan calendar work (be specific)? How does it represent their spiritual beliefs?