Two Discussion Posts Due Tonight
I need someone to answer two posts one is 200 words and the other is 200 words. I need this done by tonight. Please see attachment for reading material and video.
Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Browse the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Laws & Regulations web page (Links to an external site.).
- Suppose a manufacturing facility emits into the air a chemical that it has reason to believe is inadequately regulated by the EPA and that poses a significant threat to nearby residents even at levels lower than permitted by the EPA. As manager of the facility, would you be satisfied to meet the EPA required level or would you install the additional controls you believe necessary to achieve a reasonably safe level? Keep in mind that installing these controls would be expensive and you can anticipate resistance from corporate executives as well as shareholders. Explain why or why not. Support your answer with one or more of the ethical theories from Chapter 4 of the course textbook. Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words.
- Review the summary of United States v. Newman, 773 F.3d 438 (2d Cir. 2014) in Chapter 45 of the course textbook.
Assume Ken Hastings (cookout host) and Tim Daniels (Ken’s tennis partner) both bought stock in New World Industries as soon as the market opened on Monday and all profited 30% after the press announcement by Mrs. Chen. Pursuant to their agreement, Tim Daniels paid Ken Hasting 5% of the profit he made on the transaction.
- With regard to Judith Chen, Steve Chen, Ken Hastings and Tim Daniels, which of these parties could be considered an “insider” under rule 10(b)(5) of the Securities Act of 1934? Explain why or why not.
- Which of these parties could have tipper or tippee liability in this case?
- Did Judith Chen’s actions in telling her husband about the settlement breach her fiduciary duty?
- Who actually obtained a personal benefit from the tip and how? Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words.