Reflection Essay on Accounting Information Systems Solution Trial Exam
MULTIPLE CHOICE. Choose the one alternative that best completes the statement or answers the question.
1) Which of the following types of organizing the information systems function would you be most likely to find in a small company with 20 employees? _______
A) represented within each major division of the company
B) as departments within each functional area
C) as a separate, centralized department
D) none of the above
2) Decisions that are unique, rapidly changing, and not easily specified in advance are best suited to which type of system? ______
3) Buying or selling goods over the Internet is called _______
A) an extranet.
B) an intranet.
4) ________ uses a set of integrated applications to address all aspects of the customer relationship. _______
5) You work for a highly successful advertiser that is just about to expand nationally. Of utmost importance will be finding a way to store and disseminate their clients’ continually updated branding guides, which include multiple image files and text documents, to all of the firm’s branches. What system will best serve these needs? _______
A) an extranet with KMS capabilities
B) a CRM
C) a TPS with KMS capabilities
D) an intranet with KMS capabilities
6) Which type of system would you use to forecast the return on investment if you used new suppliers with better delivery track records? _______
7) The Smart Site Solution system used by Johnny’s Lunch to help identify the best locations to open new franchises is best categorized as a_______
A) POS system
8)Which of the following occupations would NOT be categorized as an “interaction” job? _______
B) business manager
C) operations manager
D) sales representative
9) The CPO is responsible for _______
A) overseeing the use of information technology in the firm.
B) making better use of existing knowledge in organizational and management processes.
C) ensuring that the company complies with existing data privacy laws.
D) enforcing the firm’s information security policy.
10) Decision-support systems are often referred to as business ________ systems. ______
11) An information system for ________ would NOT be categorized as a KMS. ______
A) distributing documents
B) documenting the expertise of company specialists
C) discovering new sales channels for a product
D) enabling the discovery of new product applications
12) What is the most important function of an enterprise application? ______
A) enabling a company to work collaboratively with customers and suppliers
B) enabling business functions and departments to share information
C) increasing the speed of communicating
D) enabling cost-effective e-business processes
13) The principal liaison between the information systems groups and the rest of the organization is a(n) ______
B) systems analyst.
D) information systems manager.
Write the word or phrase that best completes each statement or answers the question.
The ________ function is responsible for attracting, developing, and maintaining the firm’s workforce. _____________ TRUE/FALSE. Write ‘T’ if the statement is true and ‘F’ if the statement is false.
ESSs are designed primarily to solve specific problems. ______
Decision-support systems help managers make decisions that are unique, rapidly changing, and not easily specified in advance. ______
ESSs are designed to serve the middle management of the organization. ______
Operational management is responsible for directing the day-to-day operations of the business and therefore needs transaction-level information. ______
Decision-support systems use internal information as well as information from external sources. ______