pollution absorbing brick- journal paper-style essay
1. Cover page and the Table of contents – 2 pages – (0 points, mandatory! Not having a cover page or a table of content causes 5-point penalty)
2. Abstract – (summary is written after the work on the paper is completed) – 1 page (5 points)
3. Introduction – about 2 pages (10 points) Why this topic? Explain the importance of the material/method that you selected. What are going to be covered? Describe organization of the report.
4. Main body – about 8 to 12 pages (including tables, graphs, figures – each taking not more than half a page) – (50 points, see breakdown below). The way you organize the main body of your paper depends on the choice of your topic. a. Suitable headings/ subheadings/ organization (10 points) b. Effort in research using multiple sources (10 points) c. Quality and value of information (10 points) d. Quality of Tables, Figures, Graphs (10 points) (total space devoted to these should not exceed 20% of the paper) e. Quality of your own analysis based on the information (10 points)
5. Conclusions – 2 pages (10 points) Page 2 of 3 compare the selected material with other alternatives, explain when and where you think the selected material could (not) be used, important considerations when working with this material, prospect of future use of this material in the construction industry, etc.
6. References (alphabetical order) in correct format – 1 to 2 pages (5 points) Must have been cited in the introduction, body, and conclusions of the paper properly. Must use correct and consistent format.