After completing the textbook reading assignment, the lectures, and other activities above, select one of the unit concepts below. Then find a current event in an article at one of the online periodicals listed that will illustrate that concept. Compose an analysis of that event or situation in the article using the unit supervisory concept that you selected.
Remember that content matters in your analysis and responses to others. A sample format for an article analysis is attached here: Discussion Article Analysis Form. Follow this to ensure that you include both information about the situation within the article as well as concepts from our readings that explain it. See the grading rubric on the Assignments and Grading page in the Course Information Module for more information.
The unit textbook concepts for our discussion in this unit are:
· Managers developing Corporate level strategy
· Managers developing Business level strategy
· Managers using the Five Forces Model or SWOT analysis
· Managers implementing strategy
· Management planning at the corporate level, business level, or functional level of an organization
Select one of these concepts and find a related news article at either:
Ø New York Times (Links to an external site.)
Ø Wall Street Journal (Links to an external site.)
Ø American Management Association (Links to an external site.)
Ø Fortune Magazine