Communication Paper Sports Psych
Review the attached pdf. file concerning readings from: Weinberg, R., & Gould, D. (2015). Foundations of sport and exercise psychology. (6th ed.). Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Students only need to read the Weinberg and Gould (2015) attached pdf. file to complete this assignment.
After reviewing the Weinberg and Gould (2015) attached pdf. file, compose a 2 to 3 page (i.e., double- spaced, 12 point-font) paper in order to assist coaches and athletes with demonstrating effective communication concerning athletic performance. Within this paper, include a brief introduction and present a separate section (i.e., paragraphs) for the following:
· Identify and briefly describe three (3) types of communication. Please identify each type of communication in BOLD font.
· Identify and briefly describe three (3) types of listening. Please identify each type of listening in BOLD font.
· Identify three (3) barriers to effective communication. Please identify each barrier to effective communication in BOLD font.
· Briefly explain the “Sandwich Approach” for providing criticism.
· Present a personal example for demonstrating the “Sandwich Approach.”
Make certain to present complete sentences within your paper. It is unnecessary to include each of the aforementioned statements (i.e., 1-5 — see above) in the paper’s text (i.e., contents).
Submit your assignment as an attachment in a single MS Word (doc., docx.) document titled “Your Last Name Week 4 Assignment.” For example, the MS Word document would be titled: Johnson Week 4 Assignment. Avoid typing your entire assignment in the text box provided within each assignment.
Text and References should be displayed in APA format. Information re: American Psychological Association (APA) format is presented in this course’s Resources or www.apastyle.org. Also, a suggestion – visit the APUS Library to review [email protected] (see “APUS Library” tab located on left side of course’s home page).