assignment–Place Branding for a tourist attraction:
Place Branding for a tourist attraction:
Choose an internationally known tourist attraction (that is not from your home country) that is a high value brand and has an on-line presence. This may include non-profit organisations such as museums, art galleries etc, or governmental organisations as well as private companies and corporations. Visit their websites and social media and assess how they are signalling their offer. Consider the brand as a symbol, the brand as a product/service and the brand as a person. Develop a long list of attributes related to the brand, not the web site.
Critically evaluate their positioning strategies and offer recommendations to these companies/organisations.
Structure of the assignment
1. Executive summary- summarise the key issues raised in the report.
2. Selection of the attraction. Explain your choice and any judgements which helped you make this choice.
3. The positioning of the services as presented on the website and social media. The various dimensions of positioning should include symbol, product/service and personality characteristics. You should also discuss brand architecture, the brand depth and width or any other aspects of their brand strategy that you feel is relevant.
4. Analyse the positioning of the selected attraction within the market place. You are expected to use relevant diagrams, tools and models to illustrate your views on how the attraction is positioned and why it is positioned in this way.
5. Provide feedback in your report to the attraction. Discuss issues such as targeting specific groups of customers, changes which could be beneficial for the site and any other challenges related to the image that is identified during contact with the website. Remember to consider the positioning or, re-positioning of the brand to create maximum value for the various stakeholders.